Rinat Akhmetov Foundation, together with Metinvest, handed over a ventilator made in France to the city hospital No. 7 in Kamenskoye city (Dnipropetrovsk region). The presentation took place under the “Fighting COVID-19 in Ukraine” project, which became part of “Rinat Akhmetov – Saving Lives” program.
– Kamenskoye doctors earlier received five lung ventilators from Rinat Akhmetov Foundation. Today, local doctors have received another device that will help save the lives of patients with severe complications from the coronavirus. In total, the Foundation purchased 204 lung ventilators for public hospitals; more than 160 have already been transferred to hospitals in 12 regions of Ukraine. Dnipropetrovsk region received 35 units of this equipment, – said Nataliya Yemchenko, a member of the Supervisory Board of Rinat Akhmetov Foundation.
Dmitriy Murashko, representative of Metinvest, member of the regional headquarters for countering coronavirus, noted that the pandemic could only be stopped by joint efforts of the authorities, society and business.
– Selective support is unable to contain the spread of COVID-19. Rinat Akhmetov Foundation, together with Metinvest, in close cooperation with the headquarters for combating coronavirus, systematically help Kamenskoye. In addition, among such support is the provision of medical institutions of the region and our city with the necessary equipment, which has become scarce throughout the world, – said Dmitriy Murashko.
Maxim Ped, HR and Social Affairs Director of PrJSC DKHZ, spoke about the difficulties that arose during the purchase of equipment and stressed that Rinat Akhmetov Foundation provides assistance not only to large regional clinics, but also to hospitals of district significance:
– Today, purchasing high-precision medical equipment is not easy due to its demand due to the pandemic. However, we were able to. More than 160 devices have already been transferred to the country’s flagship hospitals. It is especially pleasant to present such a device to our city hospital No. 7.
The head of the health department of the Kamenskoye city council Nataliya Ktitarova said that all resources were devoted to the fight against coronavirus infection.
– Any struggle requires consolidation. It is very pleasant that our requests were heard. It is easier for medical workers to fight this disease when they understand that they have strength behind them, they have something to work with, and there is a possibility of safe work. This is not the first help to the city from the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and Metinvest. You have donated protective suits and rapid diagnostic tools. Thank you very much for your support, – said Nataliya Ktitarova.
General Director of the Kamenskoye City Hospital No. 7 Vladimir Dyachenko thanked Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and Metinvest for their help:
– Today is another handing over of devices from the Foundation. The device is high quality. It adapts to the patient’s breathing pattern. Many thanks to Rinat Akhmetov Foundation for the caring attitude to medicine.
Since the beginning of the coronavirus epidemic, state hospitals in Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Lugansk, Zaporizhzhia, Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk, Poltava, Ternopil, Rivne, Transcarpathian and Kharkiv regions, as well as in Kiev have received modern lung ventilators from Rinat Akhmetov Foundation..